The Principal of the College Dr. Tawnenga joined the college on 25th April, 1978 as a Lecturer in the Department of Botany and was appointed as Reader in the year 1991. He was head in charge, Department of Botany, MZU in 2006. He assumed the office of the Principal of the College on 6th April 2009. He has a teaching experience of more than 30 years and a research experience of more than 15 years.
Ph.D (Botany) NEHU
Area of Specialization:
- Research papers: 06
- Technical Reports: 05
- Produced one Ph. D .
- Attended a training program on Management of Research sponsored by Ministry of Environmemt and Forests, Govt.of India at Hyderabad during July 1 – 5,2002.
- Co-ordinator in preparing three books on Environmemtal studies in Mizo in collaboration with Center for Environment Education (CEE) North East.
- Prepared 5 (five) Technical reports:
- Evaluation of Jhum rehabilitation Programmes in Mizoram, (1995) - Regional Centre for National Afforestation & Eco-Development Board (RCNAEB)
- Working of Tree Growers Cooperative Societies in Mizoram (1997) - Regional Centre for National Afforestation & Eco-Development Board (RCNAEB)
- Cultivation of Tung (Aleurites fordii. A. montana) in Mizoram (1999) - Regional Centre for National Afforestation & Eco-Development Board (RCNAEB)
- Developing livelihood /impt. Models for shifting Cultivation Based on Short Term and long Term products output both natural and planted from Jhum rehabilitation areas under NAP with spl. Focus on poor (2007) – (RCNAEB)
- Analyzing shifting agriculture as a component of Village Landscape and Local livelihood : A case study in Ailzawng Village of Mizoram in North East India (2006) - JNU. NIRD & UN University, Japan
- Co-ordinator of UGC Sponsored Refresher Course in Botany,from 10th. –30th, May.2003, Pachhunga University College, Mizoram University, Aizawl, Mizoram.
Some important Memberships:
- Academic Council MZU
- Executive Council, MZU
- Sports Board, MZU Members
- President, Mizoram Science Society
- State level Green Mizoram Committee Member
- Assessor, NAAC