GRIEVANCES AND REDRESSAL CELL: PU COLLEGE
The Grievance Redressal Cell (GRC) aims to look into the complaints or suggestion lodged by any student, teaching and non-teaching staff and redress it as per requirement. The aggrieved person can state their grievance regarding any academic and non- academic matter within the campus through the online and complaint/ suggestion box. The institution aims at solving the grievances of the students, teaching and non-teaching staff within stipulated time.
Aims and objectives
- To create Platform for collection of different grievances of the overall management of college from the teaching, non-teaching and students of the College.
- To invite and entertain suggestions for the improvement of the overall management of the college from the teaching, non-teaching and students.
- To communicate the concern Authority for appropriate solution of such grievances.
- To create a genuine and Healthy Academic Atmosphere in the College Campus premises.
Where is the grievance box installed
Complaint/Suggestion Box is installed at five different places in the campus viz. Students Recreation Hall, Office Lounge, Life Sciences, Physical Sciences and Old Science building, for the convenience of all concerned. Student, teaching and non-teaching staff can either write their name or anonymous grievances in the box at any time.
Can a grievance be sent via online
The appropriate grievances can be sent by filling the below forms:
Click here to fill up Grievances Form.
Redressal Mechanism of GRC
- GRC shall consider any individual grievances or suggestion (in written form only) of student, teaching and non-teaching staff of the college regarding any academic and non- academic matter.
- Upon receipt of a genuine complaint, the GRC will address in the committee with a definite time frame of 14 days or earlier as per the gravity of the situation and the committee will intimate the Principal.
- Based on the nature of the complaint/suggestion and severity of its possible impact, the Principal will take appropriate action to proceed on addressing the concerns while keeping the ethics of the institution.