National Cadet Corps
National Cadet Corps, Pachhunga University College Unit, established in 1964 under the 20 Miz(I) Coy, is the first NCC Unit in Mizoram It is affiliated to the Group Headquarter, Silchar, Assam. It also has an Air Wing under 1st Mizo Air Squadron for SD which was established in June, 2013. The strength of the unit is 130 (SD-70, SW-60) in 20 Miz(I) Coy and 50 (SD) in Air Wing.
Army Wing – 1. Dr Rohmingmawii, Care Taker Officer (CTO)
2. Dr Saitluanga, Associate NCC Officer (ANO)
Air Wing – Dr R Zoramthanga Care Taker Officer (CTO)
The NCC PUC Unit participated in various camps and courses all over India, participated in Independence Day and Republic Day parade, performed social services and received various awards. The college hosted Certificate ‘B’ and ‘C’ exams in the college conducted by the Group headquarters many times, and also conducted rank examinations. During the last five years, 97 cadets got ‘B’ certificate and 30 cadets got ‘C’ certificate.
- 1st position in Cultural dance in CATC 2014
- Best in drill SW/SD in CATC 2014
- 1st prize in Republic Day Unarmed Contingent Parade 2015
National Level Achievements:
- Cpl.Samser Chakma was awarded ‘Best Cadet in NER Directorate’ in Republic Day Camp, New Delhi, 2015.
- Cpl.Samser Chakma was selected as Guard of Honour in Republic Day Camp, New Delhi, 2015.
- UO Lucy R. Lalrinpuii was selected to participate in NCC RD parade on Rajpath, Delhi, 2015.
- SUO Gracy V. L. Chhuanawmi attended OTA (Chennai) in (2015).
- UO Clement Lalchhuanmawia and Sgt. Eric Boiremsanga attended OTA (Kamti) in 2015.
- 1st Position in Tug of War in NIC- Meerut in 2015.
- UO Ramdinthara got Gold medal in .22 Rifle Shooting in All India Thal Sainik Camp (2014).
- UO Eddie Lallawmsanga attended All India Vayu Ssainik Camp at Bangalore in 2014. He is the only and the first ever to attend the camp from NE India.
- Sgt C. Lalrinhlui selected to participate in NCC RD parade on Rajpath, Delhi, 2013.
- 1st position in Cultural dance in NIC- Punjab, 2013.
- 2nd position in Volley ball in NIC- Punjab, 2013.
- 2nd position in Volley ball (Women) in NIC-Amritsar 2013.
- 1st Position in Group Singing NIC-Amritsar 2013.
- 2nd position in Tug of War in NIC-Amritsar 2013
- 1st position in Cultural Dance in Amritsar NIC 2012.
Award of NCC Certificate:
- 2011 - 2012: 'B' Certificate (8 boys, 3 girls) : 'C' Certificate (7 boys, 4 girls)
- 2012 - 2013: 'B' Certificate (9 boys, 14 girls) : 'C' Certificate (2 boys, 3 girls)
- 2013 - 2014: 'B' Certificate (31 boys, 5 girls) : 'C' Certificate (0 boys, 1 girls)
- 2014 - 2015: 'B' Certificate (13 boys, 14 girls) : 'C' Certificate (10 boys, 3 girls)
The activities and achievements which has been performed during Academic Session 2017-2018 are as follows:
I. Air Force Academy, Hyderabad
1) U.O. John Malsawmtluanga, V Semester, Dept. of Statistics was selected to attend attachment camp at the Air Force Academy, Hyderabad to represent NER during 19th - 31stJune, 2017.
2) Senior Under Officer (SUO) Lalrinliana, V Semester, Dept. of Mathematics was also selected to attend the camp at the Air Force Academy, Hyderabad during 19th -31st December, 2017.
II. Pre- Vayu Sainik Camp
1st Mizo Air Squadron NCC Unit has conducted PVSC 1, 2, 3 and 4 stages of camp for the first time during the month of September and October at Tanhril Training Camp. Air wing cadets from North Eastern Region attended the camp, SUO Lalrinliana was the Camp Senior.
III. All India Vayu Sainik Camp
Nine Mizo Air Wing Cadets were selected to represent North Eastern Region (NER), they are as follows:
a) UO. Laldinthari V Semester Biotechnology
b) UO. Lalrinsangi V Semester Geology
c) UO. Zothansangi V Semester Mizo
d) Sgt. Remruatfela III Semester Statistics
e) Sgt .Lalthansanga III Semester Physics
f) Sgt .Malsawmtluanga III Semester Biotechnology
g) Cpl. Ramngaihzuala I Semester Geography
h) Cpl. Rodingliana I Semester Mathematics
IV. All India Thal Sainik Camp (18th August -29th September,2017)
Cpl. H Laltlanhlui, III Semester, Dept. of Psychology and Cpl. R. Zosangzuali, III Semester, Dept. of Botany were selected to attend All India Thal Sainik Camp 2017 at DG NCC, New Delhi.
V. Inspection and Felicitation by Silchar Group Commander (26th August, 2017)
Silchar Group Commander Brig. SK Dey and his wife visited PUC NCC to felicitate former UO Clement Lalchhuanmawia, who was recommended to join Officers Training Academy(OTA), Chennai and Sgt. Lalrinsangzeli, Govt. Mizo H/S on being selected as a National Rifle Shooter through NCC. This was the first time Silchar Group Commander visited our college.
VI. Basic Leadership Course (28th October- 6th November)
1) CHM B Lalbiaktluang, V Semester, Dept. of Sociology
2) Sgt. Lalhmangaihi, III Semester, Dept. of Psychology
3) Cpl. Ellie Malsawmdawngzeli, I Semester, Dept. of Psychology
4) Cpl. R Lalrinfela, I Semester, Dept. of Public Administration
5) Cpl. Lalthasanga, I Semester, Dept. of Mizo
VII. National Integration Camp, Varanasi (24th Sept -5th Oct, 2017)
1) U.O. Lalhminhhlui, V Semester, Dept. of Political Science
2) Cpl. B Lalthlamuani, III Semester, Dept. of Biotechnology
3) Cpl. Hmingthanzauva, III Semester, Dept. of Economics
4) L .Cpl. Kenneth Zodinthara, I Semester, Dept. of Geology
VIII. National Integaration Camp, Silchar (9th -20th December, 2018)
1) U.O. Lianzasuana, V Semester, Dept. of History
2) Sgt. Ruhamai Lalhmangaihzuali, IIISemester, Dept. of Mathematics
IX. Republic Day Parade 2018, New Delhi
U.O. B. Lalbiaktluanga, VI Semester Dept. of Sociology was selected to participate in the Republic Day Parade Contingent at New Delhi.
X. Mountaineering Course at Himalayan Mountaineering Institute (HMI), Darjeeling.
U.O. Laldampuii, VISemester, Dept. of Mathematics attended Mountaineering Course at HMI, Darjeeling during 7th – 21st January.
XI. Combined Annual Training Camp (CATC), (11th -20th January, 2018)
This Camp is held once during one Academic Session in which new enlisted cadets are trained with basic knowledge of drill and weapon training. Competition in various Sports discipline are also conducted. Cpl. Lalthasanga (SD) was selected as Best Cadet. SUO Lalthawmmawia and SUO Lalrinmawii were the Camp Seniors during this camp.
XII. Republic Day 2018, Aizawl PUC NCC Contingent Parade won 3rd Prize in Unarmed Contingent led by Parade Commander Sgt. B Lalthlamuani.
XIII. Champhai Trekking (19th – 22nd May 2018)
Pachhunga University College NCC organized Trekking for four days to motivate and encourage the cadets. We are based at Govt. Champhai College and trekked Rih Dil, Hringlang Tlang and Phai Tlang.
XIV.NCC ‘C’ and ‘B’ Certificate Examination
PUC NCC hosted the NCC ‘C’ Certificate Examination on 4th March, 2018 at Pachhunga University College. Senior most cadets from three Units of Mizoram NCC i.e., 20th Mizoram (I) Coy NCC, 1st Mizo Battalion NCC and 1st Mizo Air Squadron NCC appeared the examination. 15 Senior most cadets from our college appeared the examination. 11 Sergeant cadets appeared for the NCC ‘B’ Certificate Examination held at Govt. Aizawl College on 24th March, 2018.