The Department of Political Science was introduced in 1958 at the very onset of the College making it one of the oldest departments in the College . At present the faculty consists of 2 Associate Professors and 3 Assistant Professors. Over the years, the Department has produced excellent students, many becoming influential figures both within the state and outside. The department aims to facilitate students all round development, enhance their knowledge and help them become good citizens. At present the department has 40(Core), 92(Others) number of students at the IInd Semester and 38(Core), 95(Others) number of students at the IVth Semester
The Department of Political Science will soon run a UGC sponsored Certificate Course on Human Rights. Classes are expected to begin by the month of June 2013.