It is hereby notified for information of all the students that Pachhunga University College Students’ Union Election for the session 2017-18 will be held on 21st July 2017 (Friday) at the college.
- Filling of nomination:11th July to 18th July 2017 (1:00 P.M.)
- Scrutiny of nomination:18th July 2017 (2:00 P.M.)
- Pre-Election Assembly:20th July 2017 @Seminar Hall
- Polling Hours:21st July 2017 (9:30 A.M. to 2:00 P.M.)
- Counting of votes:21st July 2017 (2:00 P.M. to 2:45 P.M.)
- Venue for counting:Internet Resource Centre, PUC
- Declaration of result:Internet Resource Centre, PUC @ 3:00 P.M.
- Posts to be contested:-
@Teachers’ Common Room
Arts Stream 1:00 P.M., Science & Commerce 2:00 P.M.
- Vice President
- General Secretary
- Cultural Secretary
- Games & Sports Secretary
- Debating Secretary
- Common Room Secretary
- Magazine Editor
- Students who have attended PUC for at least one academic year are eligible to contest the election [According to the Article 7(2) of the S.U. Constitution].
- A candidate must have cleared all papers in the University Examinations; any backlog of paper shall render him/her disqualified.
- A candidate must have attained good attendance record; he must have satisfied the university norms (75%) in the preceding semester (s).
- Although all eligible students, regardless of sex or cast can contest for any post, posts such as Cultural Secretary and Debating Secretary (with their counterpart secretaries) shall be reserved for girls, on rotation basis; i.e., if Cultural Secretary is reserved for one tenure, post of Debating Secretary shall be reserved for the next term, but not at the same time.
- Attendance shall be taken at the pre-election assembly and declaration of results.
- Campaign and canvassing inside the classroom may be allowed during two days prior to election duty only with the permission of teachers.
- Students should produce identity card/ registration card at the time of casting votes.
- Casting of votes shall be done through PUC Vote Casting software.
- Nomination forms can be had from Establishment Section of the office and have to be submitted at the same place.
(Dr. H. Lalthanzara) (Dr. Laldinpuia)Asst. Returning Officer Returning Officer