In the patronage of Prof. JV Hluna, Vice Principal, PUC Organised by Department of Environmental Science, Pachhunga University College.
Aims & Objectives of Environmental Club (PUCEN): PUCEN means the Pachhunga University College Environmental Club
- To promote and uphold the mission, objectives and welfare of the College
- To create scientific temper, awareness, knowledge, attitudes, skills and participation among the students and community
- To educate the students and communities about the environmental issues and responsibilities of the life long relationship with the Nature
- To create and maintain awareness of environmental responsibilities to provide strong support and service to the College
- To keep alive the spirit of public service and self-sacrifice for the welfare of the society and nature
- To foster and promote goodwill through loving, conserving and protecting wildlife and natural heritage of Mizoram
- To foster and promote goodwill through mutual trust, respect and collaboration among the members of the club.
Department of Environmental Science, Pachhunga University College, Aizawl has formed the Environmental Club on 16th September 2014 in the occasion of Ozone World Day at Seminar Hall, Life Science Building in the presence of Prof. JV Hluna, Vice Principal, Pachhunga Univertsity College, Aizawl. All students (I, III & V semester) faculty & staffs participated in this programme and unanimously the Environmental Club is being formed. The Draft Constitution of Environmental Club (PUCEN) is prepared and presented by Dr. Kulendra C. Das before the house of the meeting. According to the house an environmental club will be headed by coordinator. Environmental club consists of One General Secretary, one Secretary, one Treasurer, executive members and general members respectively. On the same day, Dr. Kulendra C. Das, Assistant Professor was selected as a coordinator, Dr. Lallawmkimi, Assistant Professor, as an assistant coordinator, Mr. JC Zirthangmawia, (EVS-V Semester student) as General Secretary, Ms HB. Ramengmawii (EVS-V Semester student) as Secretary and Ms Lalzirzeli (EVS-V Semester student) as Treasurer and all other EVS-V Semester students are selected as Executive Members and I &III Semesters students are general members of the environmental Club. Persons like teachers become and remain life members with voting privilege by paying a fee of rupees five hundred.
(PUCEN) ENVIRONMENTAL CLUB AT COMMUNITY LEVEL:
PUCEN is an Environmental Club of Pachhunga University College, Mizoram University, Aizawl, Mizoram. The main goal and aim of this club is to promote the environmental education and awareness at community level as well as institutional level for creating the sense of value and protecting environment. To reach and connect mass people unit of PUCEN will be constituted in each interested community level. Eighteen members PUCEN Unit at Village Level (Muallungthu Village) Committee is being formed on 14th March, 2015. The following five posts and 13 executive members are selected in this programme. A total of 38 participants have taken part in this awareness programme. The detail information are recorded in register of the club and extension activities report.
PUCEN UNIT AT VILLAGE LEVEL (MUALLUNGTHU VILLAGE COMMITTEE):
President Lalremsiama Zadeng 8014390938
Vice President M.S. Dawngliana 8131823520
Gen. Secretary C. Lalnunsangi 8575993450
Secretary Zoremmawia 8014160708
Executive Members BiakthansangaAttachment: